Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stopping Time

I would love to stop time
Take Father Time's hour glass and turn it completely sideways so the sand will stop falling
Even if it can only be for a moment
Wouldn't that be nice?
What would you do if you could stop time?
Would you if you could?
I would wanna stop time to spend time with the ones I love
Especially with the one I love most
Just to be held in their arms and never be let go
To relax and breathe
To get done all I need to get done
All I want to get done
I would write more
Finish my novel
I would develop my talents
Gain more confidence
Gain it in others and myself
If I could stop time I would learn new skills
I would learn to cook and bake and not mess up
If I could stop time I would take a step back and look at the beauty of the world
I would travel it
To England, Australia, and Alaska
I would observe the things I love to look at
Fish, art, and stars
I would take times to look at the little things
To appreciate them
To make them the big things
If I could stop time I would create myself
Because life isn't about finding yourself it is about CREATING yourself
I would adjust my life so I can be who I want to be fully
I would take the time to  be truly happy
To fell it
To find it
If I could stop time I would do the impossible
I would take a walk in space and dance on the stars
I would swim with the fish in the sea
Without scuba gear
I would talk to people
Say the things I have always wanted to say to them
If I could stop time I would stop school
So none of us ever have to come back
And if I couldn't stop school
I would steal the answers to things
So I can pass and graduate
If I could stop time I would never grow up
I would find my inner child
I would find my Neverland
I would play
I would draw with chalk
And get all messy
I wish I could stop time
Stop it forever
Go off to my own world
And never come back
Because coming back would mean time would start again
And I am afraid of reality
And what life has in store for me

No comments:

Post a Comment