Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding My Neverland

People always ask me when will you grow up
I don't know how to answer so I just walk away
Everyday I get funny looks becasue of my childish acts
I look at those people and break inside
A kind of breaking where my systems shut down
It is a heart breaking feeling
Then I start thinking, wondering about if I really do need to grow up
Change me and be someone different
I breakdown and cry sometimes
Then I realize I have the key to the door
The door to my Neverland
Neverland a place where no one has to grow up
A place where you can always be yourself
A place where you can have no worries
It is not anyone elses Neverland it is mine
I know I can always be happy there
I can sing dance and play with no worries
Everyone is friends, no one makes fun of one another
It is a place that is under lock and key in the back of my mind
There so no one outside can enter in
It is my place
My Neverland
A place where all life is beautiful
Everyone lives to the fullest of their potential
Everyone is here not to grow up
To have the childhood they have always wanted
Everyone is happy
There is no emptyness at all
No overpowering feeling but happiness
Everywhere you go in Neverland you have a friend
NO one has to worry here
No anxiety
No depression
No emptyness
No fear
No heartbreak
Nothing but happiness and love in my Neverland
I don't have to grow up ever
I am perfect the way I am
Always young at heart
but sooner or later I have to walk out the door
The door in my mind and lock it up
I don't want anyone to enter in and destroy it all
So I walk out and go out in the real world once more
And take the critisim
The hate
The looks
Bottle it all up inside me until my cup is full
When that time comes and I am sad once more
I go unlock the door to my Neverland again
And enter into a place like none other
The place I wanna stay forever
It breaks my heart that I can't
An escaping place in my mind
It is mine forever
My own little place
For no one else but me
MY NEVERLAND!

Authors Note:
 I got the idea to write this fter i watch finding neverland with my friend. This poem is based off of life experiences. It came from my heart. It came from my feelings. I really believe that everyone has their own Neverland. So i dedicate this poem to everyone who feels alone and lost, who doesn;t know where to turn. It took me months to write this. It was hard to write. to get the wording right. I had alot of writers block. I wasn't sure if I wanted to let my ture feelings out to the world. So here it is for people to read! HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great post, I loved the way you really opened up and listened to, as Mr. Nelson calls it, "The Impulse".

    I don't know what the experience was that prompted you to write what you did, but keep listening to that voice! That's where the best inspiration comes from.

    I'm proud of you, keep it up :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding Neverland (with Johnny Depp) is one of my favorite movies of all time.

    I just watched Peter Pan last night with my kids. There's the great line where Wendy invites Peter back to the real world with her. He asks if they'll make him go to school. Yes, of course. Then he'll get an office job. And become a man.

    I don't want to grow up.

    This is good. I agree with your message. If we could all remain young at heart the world would be a better place.

    "And if you should survive to 105. Think of all you'll derive out of being alive."
    -Young at Heart, Frank Sinatra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this.
    Everyone needs to grow up, but remember how it is to be young. i don't know if that what you were trying to say, but I was inspired in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nelson! actually the spark for inspiration was the movie finding neverland. So yeah thanks everyone else too!

    ReplyDelete